Cabling and phantom power
Signal processing and special effects
PC card and CD-R recorders
Hard disk recorders
Improving audio digitization
Analysis and Delivery
Preparing files for analysis and delivery
LPC in acoustic analysis
Audio Technology / A/D conversion and digital audio signal transfer
/ Audio digitization workflow...
Audio digitization workflow:
- Prepare the analog original (use appropriate techniques, such as tone
callibration, restoration, baking, etc.)
- Route the signal through a mixing board AUX send/return or Channel
insert/return into a compressor/limiter - only for "soft"
tapes with significant amplitude variability.
- Send the signal to a stand-alone A/D converter
- Send the digital audio data stream to a PCI capture card via AES/EBU
- Make 2 CD-ROM (ISO standard) copies of the master file
- Initiate script to process and move the "working" audio
files into the digital repository.
The batch script may inlude:
- downsampling to 22,050 Hz
- changing the resolution to 16 bit with dither and noise shaping
- 2:1 compression at -18 dB
- noise reduction
- RealAudio encoding